Hello Family and Friends!
We in the Jones household are doing well! Ok, on to what everyone wants to know...what is new with Miss Delaney? Well, she is quite the busy little toddler these days. She talks all of the time now. She likes to pretend that she is a dog and we have to pet her and tell her she is a good doggie. She squats down with her nose to the floor and says she is "sniffing like Pluto". If you ask her what her doggie name is, it is either "Miss Mattie" (William's parent's dog that sadly went to doggie heaven in May) or she is Bingo (which she says N-G-O). It is quite funny and entertaining to say the least. She still loves to watch Mickey's Clubhouse and listen to music. We sing a lot, play Barbies (yes, I said Barbies), have cake and coffee with her dishes, color, play blocks, and of course read lots of books. Her favorite book right now is Froggie Gets Dressed. She can also sing her ABC's through G and she has counted to 11. I think every single day we "watch ABC's on TV" which are three 10-minute videos that are all about the alphabet and includes phonics. Which she is really picking up on. One day while in Meijer she starts pointing and say "Eeee, eh eh eh" and I looked and she was pointing to the letter e in the word Cheese on the wall. Amazing. Kids are such sponges. I can tell she loves to learn things and her memory and comprehention are above her age level (per her doctor and therapist). So, we give God the praise for all that Delaney is and will be. We thank him for everything he has done in her life both physically and mentally.
Her last weight check was last Monday and the stinker is only 18 1/2 pounds. So, she is still riding backwards in the car. She is scheduled to see her Developmental Pediatrician at Riley the first week in September and we are praying she will be over 19 lbs! I really want to turn her car seat around. I think she'll enjoy riding in the car so much better. Next month we also have a visit with her Opthalmalogist, so we'll see what he thinks about surgery etc...
Next week she will have an evaluation with First Steps to see if services are still needed for the coming year. Actually we know she will not qualify for further services and her OT has already discharged her (pending on the evaluation). They will evaluate her speech and occupational skills such as large and fine motor etc... It is a very good thing that she will no longer need the services and shows that she is developing just fine! Beginning September 4, Delaney will start a Mom's Day Out program for 4-hours/one day a week. This will be very good for her. There will be structure in her class - circle time, singing, crafts, stories, and of course playing in the huge playroom for toddlers that the school has. I will even have to send her lunch, which I think freaks me out more than anything. I bought her a Mickey's Clubhouse lunchbox and we've been talking about school and taking her lunchbox and eating with all of the other kids. She seems excited even though she doesn't not what I'm talking about! She has seen her classroom and play area. I think once she gets adjusted, she'll love it! She is very social, although independant and stubborn. We'll see how it goes.
Well, that is about all that is new. We are certainly enjoying the summer. Delaney loves to play outside and swim in her pool. Eat popsicles and share Daddy's rootbeer! She helps me water the flowers, we take Tank for walks (and usually someone, either Daisy Duck or Minnie go with us). She is such a precious little gem and I love her so very much. Please keep her in your prayers!
Love,
William, Susan and Miss Delaney
We in the Jones household are doing well! Ok, on to what everyone wants to know...what is new with Miss Delaney? Well, she is quite the busy little toddler these days. She talks all of the time now. She likes to pretend that she is a dog and we have to pet her and tell her she is a good doggie. She squats down with her nose to the floor and says she is "sniffing like Pluto". If you ask her what her doggie name is, it is either "Miss Mattie" (William's parent's dog that sadly went to doggie heaven in May) or she is Bingo (which she says N-G-O). It is quite funny and entertaining to say the least. She still loves to watch Mickey's Clubhouse and listen to music. We sing a lot, play Barbies (yes, I said Barbies), have cake and coffee with her dishes, color, play blocks, and of course read lots of books. Her favorite book right now is Froggie Gets Dressed. She can also sing her ABC's through G and she has counted to 11. I think every single day we "watch ABC's on TV" which are three 10-minute videos that are all about the alphabet and includes phonics. Which she is really picking up on. One day while in Meijer she starts pointing and say "Eeee, eh eh eh" and I looked and she was pointing to the letter e in the word Cheese on the wall. Amazing. Kids are such sponges. I can tell she loves to learn things and her memory and comprehention are above her age level (per her doctor and therapist). So, we give God the praise for all that Delaney is and will be. We thank him for everything he has done in her life both physically and mentally.
Her last weight check was last Monday and the stinker is only 18 1/2 pounds. So, she is still riding backwards in the car. She is scheduled to see her Developmental Pediatrician at Riley the first week in September and we are praying she will be over 19 lbs! I really want to turn her car seat around. I think she'll enjoy riding in the car so much better. Next month we also have a visit with her Opthalmalogist, so we'll see what he thinks about surgery etc...
Next week she will have an evaluation with First Steps to see if services are still needed for the coming year. Actually we know she will not qualify for further services and her OT has already discharged her (pending on the evaluation). They will evaluate her speech and occupational skills such as large and fine motor etc... It is a very good thing that she will no longer need the services and shows that she is developing just fine! Beginning September 4, Delaney will start a Mom's Day Out program for 4-hours/one day a week. This will be very good for her. There will be structure in her class - circle time, singing, crafts, stories, and of course playing in the huge playroom for toddlers that the school has. I will even have to send her lunch, which I think freaks me out more than anything. I bought her a Mickey's Clubhouse lunchbox and we've been talking about school and taking her lunchbox and eating with all of the other kids. She seems excited even though she doesn't not what I'm talking about! She has seen her classroom and play area. I think once she gets adjusted, she'll love it! She is very social, although independant and stubborn. We'll see how it goes.
Well, that is about all that is new. We are certainly enjoying the summer. Delaney loves to play outside and swim in her pool. Eat popsicles and share Daddy's rootbeer! She helps me water the flowers, we take Tank for walks (and usually someone, either Daisy Duck or Minnie go with us). She is such a precious little gem and I love her so very much. Please keep her in your prayers!
Love,
William, Susan and Miss Delaney
1 Comments:
At 7:20 AM,
Traci Kurmay said…
So nice to hear the update. We should get the girls together sometime soon. Hopefully we will see you at reunion in September. We are opening children's consignment store if you have anything you want to sell, let me know. You can see the store information at www.rerunsweeones.com
Take Care!!!d
Post a Comment
<< Home