LittleMissJones

Sunday, May 20, 2007

She's 2!!!!

Hello Family & Friends!








Our family!! (the little cutie at the bottom is our niece Makayla)
Our sweet little Delaney Grace is now 2! I can hardly believe it!!! I remember how tiny and fragile - yet so strong she was when she was born. Time certainly does fly. We've had a really nice birthday week - starting out with Mother's Day, her birthday on May 15, and then her Mickey birthday party yesterday.
She had a visit last week with her pediatrician and the little stinker is still at only 17lbs 12.5 oz! She did grow 1 1/2 inches though since January - so that is really good! Even though she is tiny, she is doing well physically and developmentally. Her vocabulary is well over 250 + words which is awesome! She talks all of the time, even in sentences, and uses her words appropriately. She is starting to sing now - "how much is that doggy in the window" and "twinkle twinkle little star" are her favorites. It is so cute to hear her little voice!! It is so neat to talk with her and carry on a short conversation. She will look right at me and tell me something like..."mommy, I want to read 10 in bed" Which means her book ...Ten in the Bed - which she loves. It is a great bedtime book.

She has friends now...the little boy next door and the triplets that live 3 houses down. They are all boys, but believe me, Delaney is more wild than all but one of them and fits right in. She loves playing outside and as my sister-in-law says...I need to buy stock in Little Tykes. Delaney now has a playhouse, slide, swing, sand & water table, firetruck and bicycle! So, she has a lot of fun playing as you can imagine. She also loves to run and will take off down the sidewalk and say "I'm running!". She also likes to watch her shadow which is so cute. We wave at our shadows together and make them kick their legs. The funniest thing is to watch her trying to watch her shadow while she is running! She of course keeps Tank on his toes and is always climbing on him, bouncing on him, pulling his tail & ears, or trying to feed him with her play fork. Also, she seems to always want to "drive" now. She likes to sit in William's truck or my car and turn the steering wheel and well...drive. One day she got really upset with me when I wouldn't let her drive me home. We were out shopping and I said we were going to the car and she said "I drive" and I asked her if she wanted to drive home while I sat in the backseat and she said yes. I then said she was silly. Well of course we get out to the car and I go to put her in her carseat and she starting kicking and crying saying "I drive, I drive" I told her she was too short to reach the peddles and couldn't see out the windshield so how was she going to drive me home. Seriously, isn't it supposed to be around the age of 16 that you argue with your daughter about who is going to drive? Not age 2? William and I are in trouble...especially since she seems to really like red convertibles and trucks!

This Friday we have a visit with her Developmental Pediatrician at Riley and my biggest question is ....can I turn her around in the car seat!?! Yes, she is still facing backwards and is starting to get a bit uncomfortable. So, we'll see what her doctor says. Hopefully she'll be at 18 lbs too!! A couple of weeks ago she had a visit with her opthalmalogist and it looks like she will have to have surgery on the muscles around her eyes. This is because of the wandering of mostly the left eye, although her right eye does it also. If it was going to correct itself, it should have happened by now. We will take her back in September and see how she is. We aren't in any hurry for the surgery, and as long as things aren't getting any worse, there is no need to rush. William and I hate the thought of her having surgery, but we know we must do what is best for her, especially thinking ahead to school and adulthood. We are very comfortable with Dr. Neely and trust him (he did her laser eye surgery when she was in the NICU - which saved her eyesight).

Well, Delaney is doing fantastic - she's an absolute joy and definitely a bundle of energy! I am so thankful for the miracle of her life and health!! William and I feel so blessed to be chosen as her mommy & daddy. What a treasure she is. I think of my tiny little Breanna everyday and miss her so. It is hard to believe it has been two years since I held her in my arms and said goodbye.

We hope you enjoy the new pictures!



Love,
William, Susan & Miss Delaney














Singing Happy Birthday!!





















Delaney and her cousin Kendall with their Minnie dresses on at her birthday party. Since it was a Mickey party we asked everyone to wear something Mickey or Minnie!













Playing with Mickey.














Bathtime














Visiting Breanna's grave on her birthday.














Isn't she beautiful?














Playing in the cabinet! (she likes to throw the towels out and get in and shut the door)








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home