Update!
Hello Family & Friends!
We hope you had a chance to enjoy the 76 degree Indy weather the past two days! It was so refreshing and much needed! Delaney loved being outside. She walked up and down the sidewalk about 100 times, played with bubbles, went down her slide, took Tank for a walk, and then walked up and down the sidewalk again. Today she wanted to go outside but unfortunately it is too cold and rainy.
Good news! Delaney's visit with her neurologist last week went very well. Her CT scan looked "perfect" for what Dr. Smith would like to see. The ventricles have come down very nicely and obviously Delaney is doing well with the shunt and has not had any developmental issues. We praise God for keeping his hand upon Delaney and protecting her mind and body. Dr. Smith was so happy to see Delaney doing well with her talking and walking. We do not go back for one year and at that time she'll have a follow-up CT scan.
Yesterday Delaney had a weight check and I am happy to say she is at 17 lbs! Before she became sick she was at 17.5 lbs, so she isn't quite back to where she was. She is doing well with her eating though. I do believe that her being sick and not eating for nearly 6 days, has actually helped her. I feel that she now understands when she is hungry and what it feels like to be full. I knew this was part of our struggle. She is eating so much more at mealtime and is actually grazing throughout the afternoon! It is so exciting to see her eat more than 1 tbsp of macaroni and cheese - now she'll eat 1/3 cup or more at a time! For more than a year we have struggled with trying to increase her formula intake and to eat solids and I cannot explain how it feels to see my child eating well, enjoying her food, and finally gaining some weight! I have caught myself with tears in my eyes as I've watched her eating. It is certainly an answer to prayer!
William is beginning to get very busy with the lawncare season. His business is definitely growing and he has hired one full-time and one part-time employee. Between the firehouse, lawncare, and the Starboard group he keeps himself quite busy. Delaney and I will miss him during the days this summer, but we'll keep busy ourselves I'm sure. I am looking forward to taking her swimming, playing in the sandbox and at the playground, and taking walks in the warm sunshine.
I've started taking Delaney to storytime at the library and next month I am taking her to a class at the Children's Museum. It is a lot of fun to see her interact with other kids and experience new things. My teeny little baby has certainly grown up way too fast!
Well, take care everyone and continue to keep Miss Delaney in your prayers!
Love,
William, Susan & Miss Delaney
We hope you had a chance to enjoy the 76 degree Indy weather the past two days! It was so refreshing and much needed! Delaney loved being outside. She walked up and down the sidewalk about 100 times, played with bubbles, went down her slide, took Tank for a walk, and then walked up and down the sidewalk again. Today she wanted to go outside but unfortunately it is too cold and rainy.
Good news! Delaney's visit with her neurologist last week went very well. Her CT scan looked "perfect" for what Dr. Smith would like to see. The ventricles have come down very nicely and obviously Delaney is doing well with the shunt and has not had any developmental issues. We praise God for keeping his hand upon Delaney and protecting her mind and body. Dr. Smith was so happy to see Delaney doing well with her talking and walking. We do not go back for one year and at that time she'll have a follow-up CT scan.
Yesterday Delaney had a weight check and I am happy to say she is at 17 lbs! Before she became sick she was at 17.5 lbs, so she isn't quite back to where she was. She is doing well with her eating though. I do believe that her being sick and not eating for nearly 6 days, has actually helped her. I feel that she now understands when she is hungry and what it feels like to be full. I knew this was part of our struggle. She is eating so much more at mealtime and is actually grazing throughout the afternoon! It is so exciting to see her eat more than 1 tbsp of macaroni and cheese - now she'll eat 1/3 cup or more at a time! For more than a year we have struggled with trying to increase her formula intake and to eat solids and I cannot explain how it feels to see my child eating well, enjoying her food, and finally gaining some weight! I have caught myself with tears in my eyes as I've watched her eating. It is certainly an answer to prayer!
William is beginning to get very busy with the lawncare season. His business is definitely growing and he has hired one full-time and one part-time employee. Between the firehouse, lawncare, and the Starboard group he keeps himself quite busy. Delaney and I will miss him during the days this summer, but we'll keep busy ourselves I'm sure. I am looking forward to taking her swimming, playing in the sandbox and at the playground, and taking walks in the warm sunshine.
I've started taking Delaney to storytime at the library and next month I am taking her to a class at the Children's Museum. It is a lot of fun to see her interact with other kids and experience new things. My teeny little baby has certainly grown up way too fast!
Well, take care everyone and continue to keep Miss Delaney in your prayers!
Love,
William, Susan & Miss Delaney
1 Comments:
At 1:57 PM,
angiemarie said…
delaney,
you are a dream come true! we love you very much!! tell mommy we need a new granchildren pic!!
Post a Comment
<< Home