LittleMissJones

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Storytime??...forget it!


Ok, we've tried storytime at the library the past two weeks and we are not going back. Lets just put it this way...this past Tuesday I worked up a sweat chasing my adorable 22 month old around the children's section of the library while she squealed and pulled books off of the shelves. Meanwhile all of the other "little darlings" sat nicely on their mommy's laps or played on the floor in front of the lady reading the story. Granted, Delaney is one of the older kids and there are only a few others that are walking, but I felt like the other moms were looking at me like I was crazy. Oh, and the mom that had her nice little 20 month old (that did walk, but sat on Mommy's lap) also had her newborn with her and her eyes got huge every time my wild little girl came up to the car seat. I was hot on Delaney's heels though and she never touched the baby, she just said "baby sleeping". I think that poor mom was so nervous! So, we'll try it again when she turns 3! We will go on our own for books, but that is it! That same day I came home and promptly signed Miss Delaney up for another class at the Children's Museum that has some structure & other children to be around. It would be a better "fit" for her energy right now and is certainly geared for her age. So, we'll have a nice class in April & May to look forward to.


I've discovered how interesting toddlers are. Today for instance during lunch, Delaney decided to stick small pieces of her cottage cheese up her nose, thoroughly amusing herself. Of course me telling her not to do it just makes it that much more fun. She's also started to tell me to "stop" the movie she is watching (particularly Lady & the Tramp and Mickey) because I've figured out she wants me to rewind her favorite part so she can see it again. Lately any "monies" she sees (even in my purse) are "Delaney's monies" and they have to go into her piggy bank. Oh, and why is it that when your darling little girl helps with the laundry, of all the dirty clothes to put on her head, it's your underwear? I could go on and on about her curiosities...


Delaney is certainly a bundle of energy and joy! I love her just the way she is and wouldn't change a thing about her! Well, I just thought I'd report on our outing this week. Take care and keep Miss Delaney in your prayers!


Love,

Susan, William & Delaney



1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger angiemarie said…

    ok, i have called a million times...the kids would love to see her soon!! aaron used to put peas in his nose...gross lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home