LittleMissJones

Sunday, October 15, 2006

SHE'S WALKING EVERYWHERE!!!!

Hello Family & Friends!

We in the Jones household are doing well and more importantly, Delaney is doing fantastic!! She is a little girl on the move. On Friday, September 22 at 5 pm, she decided to just take off walking. First it was 9 steps, then 13 steps, and then it was look out world here she comes!!! I cried tears of complete JOY! Just knowing how much she had been through and knowing that the doctors had told us in the beginning that she may never walk or talk, I simply couldn't help the flow of tears as I called William at the firehouse and then all of the grandparents! Our God is so awesome and William and I give him all of the praise for the work he has done in our daughter's life!!

Delaney has also become quite the little chatter box. She has 40 + words is her vocabulary now and it is the sweetest sound to here her talk and communicate with us. Her newest words today were pumpkin and tractor. We went to the pumpkin patch at Waterman's Farm with her cousins Lexi & Makayla. I think she really enjoyed it, especially watching the tractors! She simply amazes me at how she will repeat just about anything and uses her words appropriately.

What does Delaney like to do? Well...she loves to read her books, watch her Baby Shakespeare DVD, play & roll on Tank's bed (I cringe because I have to lint-roll the dog hair off of her and she thinks it is funny), play with her car, blocks, and kitchen. Everyday it seems she wants to either wear Minnie Mouse or her shirt that has buttons on it. It is so cute. Sometimes the first thing she wants to do is put Minnie on, that is if she isn't already wearing her Minnie pj's or she points to the closet as I get her up and wants her button shirt. I have never seen a little one so into Mickey & Minnie Mouse! I love it though and she is so expressive and gets so excited. She certainly has a joyful personality.

Last week we had a visit with her opthamalogist at Riley. Everything went just fine and we don't go back until February. We are still a bit concerned with the wandering of her left eye, but we will just watch her to be sure it doesn't get any worse, and hopefully she won't need to have a patch. Next month we will have her 18 month well-child visit with her pediatrician, and a follow-up with Dev Peds at Riley. I can hardly wait to have her walk into that Dev Peds office and show the doctor just want she is made of! She is one determined little girl and will achieve anything she puts her mind to that is for sure. Her weight gain and eating are still concerns for us. We try to take a day at a time. Some days she eats really well. I think we just need to give her time and help her learn to slow down a bit. She is so active, she simply does not want to sit still sometimes. She'll eat just enough I think to ease the growling in her tummy, but never enough to "get full" and experience what a full & satisfied tummy is. I believe a lot of preemies have this issue because of being tube fed while in the NICU. With time, I know it will get better.

All in all our bundle of energy and joy is doing great! I thank God everyday for her! Please keep Delaney in your prayers! Pray that her shunt continues to work properly, she'll continue progressing with her eating & weight gain, and that her left eye will strengthen.

We love you!
William, Susan & Delaney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home