LittleMissJones

Friday, July 21, 2006

Hello Out There!

Hello Family & Friends!
Ok, sorry, but I have no excuse not to have updated Delaney's blog before now! She is doing so well and is just a complete joy! As of today, she weighs 16 lbs and is 28 inches long. At least she has been gaining weight, even though it is slowly. On July 12, Delaney reached a turning point with her solid foods. She decided that day (while we were out to eat with her Aunt Patia & cousin Lexi) that she was going to eat a chicken nugget from Chik Fil A like it was nothing! Since then she has eaten chicken nuggets/strips, turkey breast, ham, cheese, noodles, grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, toast, yogurt, bananas, apples, and pears. Her favorites are toast, chicken nuggets, yogurt, and cheese. We praise God for answering our prayers and giving William and I the wisdom and patience in decisions we've made regarding her care! I truly believe that now that she is eating solid foods and still keeping her formula intake at 20 oz/day, we'll see an increase in her weight gain without considering the feeding tube that her doctor had recommended that we do. God is so good!!

What else is new with Delaney...well she has another two teeth, so she now has 8!, she has added to her vocabulary and on July 12th (yes I wrote the date down) along with deciding to eat, she said MaMa for the first time!!! I cried! She can also say...baby, byebye, Tank, pig, book, baba for her bottle, papaw, daddy, and ball. She can wave bye, is starting to point at things, she got into the toilet, she is starting to let go while standing, she sits on her knees and bounces, she is learning to clap, and likes to tear up paper of any kind she can get her hands on. Tank is still a bit unsure of her since she is loud and moves so quick, however, he has discovered that he likes mealtime and is more than happy to share a few bites with Delaney and clean up the floor and her seat! Each and every day I thank the Lord for what he has done in her life and how far he has brought her!!

Next week we leave for our much anticipated trip to Orlando with my family. We are thankful for the opportunity to go (thanks Dad for taking all of us!) and are looking forward to our first family vacation! I must say after the traveling we've done in the past, William and I are a bit antsy! What a difference it will be to have Delaney with us at one of our favorite destinations (it's true, we love Disney World).

Well, we'll update again soon! Please keep our sweet Delaney in your prayers! She is such a blessing.

Love,
William, Susan & Delaney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home