What is new with Miss Delaney?
Hello Family & Friends!
Our family is doing well and most importantly Delaney is doing fantastic! She is a girl on the move and is crawling, climbing, cruising along the furniture, and getting into everything she can! And...we love it! It really won't be long before she will be walking. She has had a great two weeks - eating better, enjoying her cousins, the outdoors, and new foods! What else is new?...well she has cut another tooth, so she now has 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom. She has now become increasingly more interested in what William and I are eating, so we are trying table foods again and I feel it is going better than before since she is able to chew and bite. She likes to feel like she is "in control" so she likes to eat things she can pick up, rather than be fed with a spoon. She is very curious now and watches us eat, so we try to be as dramatic as possible that we are truly enjoying our food to help interest her. She still has her morning routine with oatmeal and zwieback toast and then lunch & dinner is when we try other things. She definitely has a sweet tooth and likes chocolate!
Last Tuesday she had a 6 month follow-up with her Opthamalogist. She is far-sighted (not really bad), however the left eye is worse than the right which causes her left eye to cross in while trying to focus, so she now has to have glasses to help the left eye not to stress. So, we pick those up tomorrow at Riley. The challenge is going to be to get her to wear them!! Of course they are pink and I must say the tiniest glasses I've ever seen. She looked so cute in them when they were trying them on her, but she promptly pulled them right off. We'll take a day at a time with trying to get her to wear them. We'll update again next week on how it is going.
This Wednesday she has a weight check and hemoglobin check with her pediatrician. We are praying she has gained well and is close to 16 lbs and that her iron level has come up since she has been taking her vitamins again.
William keeps himself quite busy with the firehouse and his lawn care business. Delaney and I miss him on the long workdays, but I am especially thankful that he works so hard for us. I cherish the fact that I am able to stay home with Delaney and care for her. I love being with her and watching her grow and discover her world. I truly do have the best job.
Well, continue to keep Delaney in your prayers! Pray that her shunt continues to work properly, she gains weight consistantly, that her development stays right on track, and that she eats better each day! She is such a joy and we thank God for the miracle he has done in her life. Please also pray for William and I for wisdom in Delaney's care. We want to always do what is best for her and we know God has guided us each and every day.
Love,
William, Susan & Delaney
Our family is doing well and most importantly Delaney is doing fantastic! She is a girl on the move and is crawling, climbing, cruising along the furniture, and getting into everything she can! And...we love it! It really won't be long before she will be walking. She has had a great two weeks - eating better, enjoying her cousins, the outdoors, and new foods! What else is new?...well she has cut another tooth, so she now has 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom. She has now become increasingly more interested in what William and I are eating, so we are trying table foods again and I feel it is going better than before since she is able to chew and bite. She likes to feel like she is "in control" so she likes to eat things she can pick up, rather than be fed with a spoon. She is very curious now and watches us eat, so we try to be as dramatic as possible that we are truly enjoying our food to help interest her. She still has her morning routine with oatmeal and zwieback toast and then lunch & dinner is when we try other things. She definitely has a sweet tooth and likes chocolate!
Last Tuesday she had a 6 month follow-up with her Opthamalogist. She is far-sighted (not really bad), however the left eye is worse than the right which causes her left eye to cross in while trying to focus, so she now has to have glasses to help the left eye not to stress. So, we pick those up tomorrow at Riley. The challenge is going to be to get her to wear them!! Of course they are pink and I must say the tiniest glasses I've ever seen. She looked so cute in them when they were trying them on her, but she promptly pulled them right off. We'll take a day at a time with trying to get her to wear them. We'll update again next week on how it is going.
This Wednesday she has a weight check and hemoglobin check with her pediatrician. We are praying she has gained well and is close to 16 lbs and that her iron level has come up since she has been taking her vitamins again.
William keeps himself quite busy with the firehouse and his lawn care business. Delaney and I miss him on the long workdays, but I am especially thankful that he works so hard for us. I cherish the fact that I am able to stay home with Delaney and care for her. I love being with her and watching her grow and discover her world. I truly do have the best job.
Well, continue to keep Delaney in your prayers! Pray that her shunt continues to work properly, she gains weight consistantly, that her development stays right on track, and that she eats better each day! She is such a joy and we thank God for the miracle he has done in her life. Please also pray for William and I for wisdom in Delaney's care. We want to always do what is best for her and we know God has guided us each and every day.
Love,
William, Susan & Delaney
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home