Hello Family & Friends!
Sorry for the delayed update...technical difficulties! Anyway, Delaney has had a busy two weeks! She had a wonderful 1st birthday party on May 20th. The weather was perfect and she did really well with all of the commotion. She had her one year check-up with her pediatrician and overall it went well. She had lost some weight (only a few ounces, but that is a lot) and as of May 16th she weighed 14lbs & 11.8 oz. We will be visiting her pediatrician this coming Wednesday for a weight check. The Scintiscan that was done at Riley Hospital on May 18th showed a slight delayed emptying with her stomach. Normal is 50% in one hour and Delaney was at 41%. We will be starting a low dose of medication this week that will help speed up her digestive system and perhaps help her feel more hungry. Her eating habits and slow weight gain continue to be of major concern. We take a day at a time with her. Some days she does very well taking 6 oz bottles a couple of times throughout the day and then other days she may take only 3 1/2 oz or even less at a feeding. Our goal is for her to eat a minimum of 20-24oz/day, but it doesn't always happen. I think a lot of her issue is that she is simply too busy to eat and does not realize she is hungry. How do you slow her down...I really am trying to figure that one out! Her OT will resume this week and hopefully we will see some progress!
Delaney is such a joy! What is new? Well...she has another tooth - so she now has a total of 5 (3 on the top, and 2 on the bottom) her teething this past week may explain some of her not wanting to eat as much, she is really crawling everywhere and FAST! She climbs and has learned what "no" means (getting in trouble countless times a day because she gets into Tank's water), she says Daddy all the time and will crawl after William calling him (especially after he's been at work). I'm a little dissapointed that she doesn't say Mommy yet, but I'll be patient and wait. I'll probably cry when she says it the first time! She has also been in her crib in her very own room since the weekend before her birthday (that was my goal). I must confess I sleep on the couch the nights William is at the firehouse, just so I am closer to her. I miss those nights when she was in the basinet and I could reach out my hand at touch her while she slept. It is so true...how quickly they grow and change!
Well, please continue to keep Delaney in your prayers! Especially for her to eat the minimum of 20-24 oz/day and that she will gain weight. Pray also for William and I for wisdom in making decisions for her care and patience as we work through her feedings. We love her so very much and enjoy each and every moment with her.
Love,
William, Susan & Delaney
Sorry for the delayed update...technical difficulties! Anyway, Delaney has had a busy two weeks! She had a wonderful 1st birthday party on May 20th. The weather was perfect and she did really well with all of the commotion. She had her one year check-up with her pediatrician and overall it went well. She had lost some weight (only a few ounces, but that is a lot) and as of May 16th she weighed 14lbs & 11.8 oz. We will be visiting her pediatrician this coming Wednesday for a weight check. The Scintiscan that was done at Riley Hospital on May 18th showed a slight delayed emptying with her stomach. Normal is 50% in one hour and Delaney was at 41%. We will be starting a low dose of medication this week that will help speed up her digestive system and perhaps help her feel more hungry. Her eating habits and slow weight gain continue to be of major concern. We take a day at a time with her. Some days she does very well taking 6 oz bottles a couple of times throughout the day and then other days she may take only 3 1/2 oz or even less at a feeding. Our goal is for her to eat a minimum of 20-24oz/day, but it doesn't always happen. I think a lot of her issue is that she is simply too busy to eat and does not realize she is hungry. How do you slow her down...I really am trying to figure that one out! Her OT will resume this week and hopefully we will see some progress!
Delaney is such a joy! What is new? Well...she has another tooth - so she now has a total of 5 (3 on the top, and 2 on the bottom) her teething this past week may explain some of her not wanting to eat as much, she is really crawling everywhere and FAST! She climbs and has learned what "no" means (getting in trouble countless times a day because she gets into Tank's water), she says Daddy all the time and will crawl after William calling him (especially after he's been at work). I'm a little dissapointed that she doesn't say Mommy yet, but I'll be patient and wait. I'll probably cry when she says it the first time! She has also been in her crib in her very own room since the weekend before her birthday (that was my goal). I must confess I sleep on the couch the nights William is at the firehouse, just so I am closer to her. I miss those nights when she was in the basinet and I could reach out my hand at touch her while she slept. It is so true...how quickly they grow and change!
Well, please continue to keep Delaney in your prayers! Especially for her to eat the minimum of 20-24 oz/day and that she will gain weight. Pray also for William and I for wisdom in making decisions for her care and patience as we work through her feedings. We love her so very much and enjoy each and every moment with her.
Love,
William, Susan & Delaney
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home